BTA about to split???

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

FishPassion

AC Members
Nov 1, 2007
Ottawa Canada
Any info will be helpfull I bought an 8"rbta 3-4 days ago its in a 65 gallon tank pretty much on its own under a 250watt halide right now. Here is whats been happening and please keepin mind I purchased this from a reseller in what looked like in good health
1) first two days wandered around as they usually will.
2) third day it buried itself under some rock one third on the way down in the tank.
3) today,I checked on it this morning and it looked deflated including the tentacles very short and stringy but still very bright coloring and has not moved from the same spot it had picked out.
I have two other bta's in another tank of which one had split two weeks after arrival and I cant remember what it looked like just before it split. BTW the one that split I have had for 3 years now and was hoping to soon put into the 65 with the rbta and once it settled I would place the third orange rbta in.
Soooooo my question is will a bta look deflated as I have described just before it splits. My guess is this is what is about to happen considering I bought it from a reseller who bought it from a wholesaler who brought it in from whatever country from wherever where it may have gone throught a transhipper etc.
It certainly must be stressed by this time... Any thoughts???

FishPassion

AC Members
Nov 1, 2007
Ottawa Canada
Thanks Grins I called a friend last night who has been in marine for almost 20 years and he had told me the same thing. Its a lil better this morning not quite as deflated but yesterday it almost took the shape of the rock it was soooo deflated...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store