So I saw a really overstocked tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Wisegy84

Brunettes not fighter jets!
Aug 21, 2007
Suisun City, CA
Real Name
Don
at this Chinese restaurant nearby. Actually they had two really overstocked tanks in addition to a turtle tank that was OK as far as I could tell. The first tank I think was a 20H, but it might have been a bit wider than that. In any case it was stocked with a red tailed catfish, a red tailed shark, several of what I think was a type of loach (it reminded me of a kuhli loach, but larger and not with the same coloring) and I think that was all. The second was worse. It looked like a 75 gallon and it was stocked with two blood parrots, 2 very large pacus, a large red tailed catfish and about four of another variety of catfish that I was unfamiliar with. The pacus looked like they could barely turn around. It just baffles me how people think this is OK.

ScottyNorq

AC Members
Jul 19, 2007
Maybe they are new to the hobby. I know when i first started, my tank was massively overstocked on advice i received from petsmart.

Wisegy84

Brunettes not fighter jets!
Aug 21, 2007
Suisun City, CA
Real Name
Don
I know they aren't new. I have been there before and the tanks used to be better stocked. Also, when I first went there I knew nothing about fishkeeping so I probably didn't even notice if something was wrong. My wife used to work there, though, and is friends with the owner's son so I'll try to mention it to him and see if it goes anywhere.

tarheels910

Malawi Maniac
Jul 6, 2006
Concord, NC
My chinese place has a 120 gallon with:

1 3' Aro
2 10" Flowerhorns
2 6" Serverums
15 6" Parrots
2 5" Pictus cats
1 6" Vampire Pleco

All the have on the tank is an undergravel filter. Its funny to watch them feed the fish rice.

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Informati
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
My chinese place has a 120 gallon with:

1 3' Aro
2 10" Flowerhorns
2 6" Serverums
15 6" Parrots
2 5" Pictus cats
1 6" Vampire Pleco

All the have on the tank is an undergravel filter. Its funny to watch them feed the fish rice.
:jaw:

severum mama

is a big bowl of wrong.
Dec 30, 2006
North GA
Nasty. :( The best that I think you can do is politely point it out to them. If that doesn't work it's probably a lost cause.:(

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store