35G Love Shack

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

FeatherDuster

AC Members
Mar 24, 2007
I have always wanted to have a couple of mated pairs in a tank. I want to create a tank that contains all mated pairs (inverts and fish).

Can someone recommend fish or invert pairs that can be placed in a 35G? I know common ones, clownfish, gobies... But I would like to place a unique pair in there. Thanks!

Lorna

Reef Crazy
Mar 1, 2005
Indiana
I have a mated pair of bangaii cardinals that spit fry about every 2 months......regular as clockwork. You could try some fairy wrasses.....neon gobies, and of course clowns. Inverts such as a mated pair of coral banded shrimp and other shrimp

FeatherDuster

AC Members
Mar 24, 2007
I have a mated pair of bangaii cardinals that spit fry about every 2 months......regular as clockwork. You could try some fairy wrasses.....neon gobies, and of course clowns. Inverts such as a mated pair of coral banded shrimp and other shrimp
Those are all great suggestions. I like the Bangaii pair idea. Fairy wrasse are pretty, would they fit that size tank?

I am now thinking this for my stocking list:
Bangaii Pair
Fairy Wrasse Pair
Shrimp Pairs- do peppermints pair up?

BeelzeBob

-CHAUVINIST PIG-
Mar 18, 2006
Boulder, Co.
I dont know about pepes, but haliquins are usually sold as mated pairs...

Reefscape

I shoot people with a Canon
Staff member
Nov 8, 2006
Staffordshire, UK
seethroughmylens.co.uk
Real Name
Blinky
The labouts fairy would be fine for your size of tank and i would introduce them as a pair, not come across peppermints spawning successfully though, they do go nice in pairs..

Niko

Last edited:

Grins

Girl Reefer...we do exist
May 1, 2007
Charlotte, NC
My cleaner shrimp...not saying they are a opposite sexes even....are constantly together. Typically they are in a v formation with their tails coming together. If not the one is on the other cleaning it....or at least I think it is cleaning it. :lipssealedsmilie:

FeatherDuster

AC Members
Mar 24, 2007
lol Your shrimp pair sounds interesting Grins. I didn't know they cleaned each other.

I like all the shrimp suggestions. How many shrimp could I have in a tank this size? Are there some that won't be compatible?

So far I am thinking:
Harlequin Shrimp
Cleaner Shrimp
Peppermint Shrimp
Maybe Coral Banded?

And thanks for the wrasse suggestion Niko.

BeelzeBob

-CHAUVINIST PIG-
Mar 18, 2006
Boulder, Co.
coral bandid have a rep for being aggressive lil "other shrimp" killers. but i have only heard the rumors.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store