blue or black background?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Coler

AC Members
Jan 30, 2007
Either is generally good...with the black substrate though I would say black background would likely be best. Will be very dramatic and your fish will really pop out. Try getting some coloured paper, put it behind the tank and see what your prefer. edit : with the black you probably want plenty greenery in there or it may look a bit too sombre, unless it is a rift lake cichlid tank in which case the colours of the fish are all you need :)

In fact I make my backgrounds out of mounting boards cut to fit and propped behind the tank - very easy to change them if you want.

kjenber

AC Members
Jan 8, 2006
MI
I have had both , I like the black my self , Lots of lighting :)
I think the black least messes with the fish colors :)

beblondie

grand high exhalted poobah
Mar 25, 2005
black

erin14

Canadian, Eh?
Aug 7, 2007
Brandon, Manitoba, Canada
I think either would look good actually... the blue would really stand out against the black gravel but all black would really make your fish stand out and not to mention make plants look amazingly green haha! Whatever you prefer really.

Aug 3, 2007
Indiana
i am going to plant the tank and house apistos in it later so i think black would really make them stand out

Jun 25, 2007
I think black looks best with a black substrate.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store