Fog Machine

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

TKOS

Registered User of Fish
Feb 6, 2003
Nova Scotia, Canada
tkos.unsta.com
So has anyone used one of those cool fog machines that they sell in the reptile sections of the pet stores? Do they require any upkeep? I was thinking of making a tank for some fish and reptiles and thought it would be a nice addition.

TKOS

Registered User of Fish
Feb 6, 2003
Nova Scotia, Canada
tkos.unsta.com
I am not sure how they work. I just saw them in the pet store listed as fog machines. As far as I can tell you put them just below the surface of the water and they create a layer of fog at the surface level.

125gJoe

2009 VMAX
Jul 6, 2002

TKOS

Registered User of Fish
Feb 6, 2003
Nova Scotia, Canada
tkos.unsta.com
Thanks. Very informative link. I never even thought about the fact that they should be turned off. I sort of assumed that they would run all the time.

Slappy*McFish

Global Moderator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2002
Raleigh, NC
That's a different kind of fog machine than what you want to use it for.

This is what you are looking for.
I have one in a fountain/waterfall decoration. They do get pretty hot and cause alot of evaporation. It would work ok in a terrarium, but I doubt it would work in an aquarium, unless you had it near the surface.

TKOS

Registered User of Fish
Feb 6, 2003
Nova Scotia, Canada
tkos.unsta.com
The one I saw set up at a fish store was more terrarium with half fish and half reptile (frogs, newts). It looked really nice to see the separation from water to land with a layer of fog. It is good to know about the extra evaporation. That will make for much more work so I will definately have towait until I get a much more time than I have right now.

Thanks

125gJoe

2009 VMAX
Jul 6, 2002
Thanks for the website Slappy*McFish! I had to bookmark it... Yet another gadget for the water garden maybe.... Hmm.... :)

valerie

AC Members
Apr 18, 2001
Edmonton, AB
Slappy- my brother brought home one of those fogger machine from a friend and i have no idea how to use it. How high should the water be? I tried it in a bunch of different water levels and it made fog but it also sprinkled water straight up(like a mini fountain).

COuld you explain a bit how to use it,can it be on all the time?I would want to use it in my turtle habitat, but don't like how it splashes/sprinkles water along with the fog.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store