my 60 gal fowlr

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Whopper Stopper

AC Members
Apr 30, 2007
San Diego
After having a 25 nano reef, and all the work that came with it, ive traded it in for a 60 gallon fowlr. Still need a back drop and some more LR but these things are a work in progress as you all know. Heres some of my livestock. I got a S&S puffer, maroon clown, blue devil damsel, snowflake morey, and this angel I just got (can't remember its name). The lion in the pic recently passed after this battle with the damsel lodged in its mouth. He was to big and got stuck. He was thrashing against my LR to get him unlodged and his scratches turned into huge open sores, prolly an infection. anyway enjoy the pics.

FSCN0576.JPG FSCN0588.JPG DSCN0595.JPG FSCN0613.JPG FSCN0614.JPG DSCN0568.JPG DSCN0539.JPG

Whopper Stopper

AC Members
Apr 30, 2007
San Diego
yea i think thats what my lfs told me. How do you think my bioload is. I want to add some sort of sand sifting goby and some sort of wrasse. What are the negatives of a high bioload? if parameters are kept well then whats the big deal about having a lot of fish?

Grins

Girl Reefer...we do exist
May 1, 2007
Charlotte, NC
I think you're OK with it...although the snowflake would probably do better with a 75g from what I believe OldManoftheSea has shared here on the forums. I do wonder how the Potters will fare with the more punacious tankmates it is with. I'd keep an eye on that as one of the big deals of having a lot of fish are the stress levels. A high bioload will not only stress the fish but make the parameters harder to keep stable.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store