breeding apistogramma panduro

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

fishkid951

AC Members
Jan 7, 2007
hi...
i hav been breeding kribs for about a year now and wood like to move on to somthing that is a little harder and more interesting. i was thinking of the panduro...nice colours.
i will be breeding them in a 10 gallon/40Ltank. how many should i get?(1m:2f?, 1m:1f? etc). i will be having a few flower pot caves in the tank for them to pick from. i will also hav a lot of javamoss for the fry to hang in and to supply some food easier for the fry. the fry wood be moved to a larger growout tank when oul enough.

so my questions are:
1 how many do i get?
2 wot do i do when they breed?
3 how old do i move the fry to grow out?
4 how many eggs should i hope to get?
5 if i hav more than one female...do i move them when one pairs up
6and wot about when another female has eggs/fry?

thanx all for ur help...i hope to get some and get em breeding asap...but i need to know alot bout em...then find em:S

kr0nic

AC Members
Jul 2, 2007
Newcastle, Australia, NSW
For a tank that size i would only go 1m 1f, i tried 2m 2f in a 15 gal and ended up with 1 dead male and a female that dosnt dare show her face in fear of the other female. I think heavily planted with lots of areas of shade are best, i had a small potplant in the tank for about a month and no spawns, within a week of removing it i had fry :S

I dont know about that specific apisto but my cacatoides are the best dam parents you have ever seen, id keep the fry with parents for as long as possible, maybe even removing the father after the fry are 2-3 weeks old so parents dont spawn again and become hostile to there old batch of fry. Dither fish are a must as well, i used 1 rummnose and 1 cardinal tetra and trust me they get a workout.

fishkid951

AC Members
Jan 7, 2007
hi thanx for that...any other info or neone else wanna answer the questions??
thanx again

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store