Need some advise

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

SHK_ATK

Clam Chowda
Nov 4, 2006
(805)-CA (336)-NC
I want to add another tang to my tank and im stuck on which one to get. Ive researched both and know about their behaviors and temperment. But here are the two that Im having a hard time deciding.

Purple Tang VRS Sohal Tang

does anyone own one? any bad experiences?

little backround on my tank, I have 3 other tangs (Naso streamer,vlamingi,blue regal) lightly stocked tank, reef tank set up for about 9 months plenty of LR (300+ #'s)and swiming room (tank is 8ft long) all advise is appreciated.

Lorna

Reef Crazy
Mar 1, 2005
Indiana
hmmmm if I had my choice it would be a sailfin or a chevron

SHK_ATK

Clam Chowda
Nov 4, 2006
(805)-CA (336)-NC
sailfins are nice , but im really intreasted in the above 2.:)

Reefscape

I shoot people with a Canon
Staff member
Nov 8, 2006
Staffordshire, UK
seethroughmylens.co.uk
Real Name
Blinky
The sohal is a beautifull fish, but i do deem them to be somewhat aggressive and will use its spines to fend off other fish, including other tangs from its territory and while feeding..Not overly hard to care for really as you already provide a good staple diet i imagine for the other tangs in the tank...if adding one of these, i would make it the last tang to introduce due to the agression..

The purple tang is beautifull, again with this one, it can be aggressive to others of the same body shape / colour..

Niko

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store