coral catfish?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ChangDriX

AC Members
Aug 5, 2007
515 Iowa
could i get some info on these guys my lfs has to they are really cool looking....except they look like sperm swimming.....

kingwintergreen

AC Members
Nov 20, 2007
coral cats

Yeah, they are cool looking, they're fun to watch too, especially in a large school (they're usually inexpensive enough that it wouldn't be too painful to get a dozen or so). One thing you might not like about them is that they dig caves (sort of like cichlids) and constantly excave your tank. Also, they are highly venomous. I'd check into their max size, I think they might pretty big.

Charlesr1958

Working DiveMaster
Oct 30, 2004
Philippines
www.chucksaddiction.com
I would not recommend these fish for any but the largest of aquariums that have equaly large sandbeds. They do not belong in the rocky environments that most reef aquariums are. That and at maturity, they are about a foot long. Please do not buy them.

Chuck

tamableanimal

AC Members
Aug 26, 2007
Caro, Michigan
When they are young they usually are in small schools. When they mature the schools split up and they become territorial and will fight with almost anything that is in that territory. They are poisonous and get up to around 1 foot in length in aquariums. As stated above they like sand beds and will constantly dig looking for food. I also do not recommend them for reef tanks. They would be nice in a very large species only tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store