Updates on 75G and White Clouds

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Jhereg10

AC Members
Jun 1, 2003
Houston, TX
www.dscworld.org
For those of you who remember my angst-ridden posting regarding unexplained White Cloud Mountain Minnow mortality (lost 7 out of 12 mysteriously over several days). I have some updates and good news.

Firstly, I spoke with three local LFS's (one VERY reputable, only does freshwater and is highly regarded in that area). All three of them stated they had experienced high unexplained mortalities in recent batchs...one LFS to the point that they do not plan on purchasing or selling any more for a while. So I am relieved that, according to the LFS's, there was nothing I could have done or had done wrong that caused the situation. The most reputable LFS stated that they did not lose a majority of theirs, but that the mortality rate was very unusual and they didn't have any solid reason for it.

The good news is the 5 remaining are thriving, and have unbeknownst to me bred in my 75G. (Which I found out when I discovered three 1/4" long White Clouds hiding among the plants.

Other side notes. Plant growth took off initially, then crashed (especially the hornwort and large sword). I bought a retro light kit from AHSupply (bumped watts from 38 up to 110+18) and added CO2 Generator to tank. It's the electrical/carbon bar type. Plant growth has again taken off like gangbusters, I'm adding liquid fertilizer with each weekly water change (can't remember the brand at the moment, but recommended by the LFS)...something German...Will update later.

Anyway, all is groovy here. Later folks!

-David

TKOS

Registered User of Fish
Feb 6, 2003
Nova Scotia, Canada
tkos.unsta.com
Glad to hear that your white clouds are starting to thrive. I have 5 in a 10 gallon tank with 3 cories and they are endless fun to watch. Mine have chosen not to breed right now but hopefully they will in the future.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store