Live stock?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

cjtabares

AC Members
Oct 17, 2007
Bristol. RI
Ok so i should have every thing i need to get my tank running a little after Christmas and was putting together a final live stock list and wanted and suggestions. I am going to set up a 100gal 72x18x17 reef tank with metal halids and about 48x flow from my powerheads.

The fish:
Diamond Watchman Gody (Valencienna puellaris)

2 Ocellaris Clownfish (Amphiprion ocellaris) Dont know if i want black and white or orange and white

Scotts Fairy Wrasse (Cirrhilabus scottorum)

5 Blue/green Reef Chromis (Chromis Viridis)
or 5 Yellow Tail Blue Damselfish (Chrysiptera parasema)

After the tank is running for about a year a Mandarin (Synchiropus splendidus)

I also wanted a Blue Tang (paracanthurua hepatus)
or Orangeshoulder Surgeeonfish (Acanthurus olivaceus) would these be to big for my set up?

For corals:
Bubble Coral (plerogyra simusa)

Glove Polyp (Clavularia sp.)

Blue Spurce Calstrea Caulastrea furcata)

Brain Coral (Lobophyllia hemprichii)

Tube Coral (Tubastraea sp.)

Colony Polyp (zoanthus sp.)

Frogspan Coral (Euphyllia paradivisa)

Hammer Coral (Euphyllia ancora)

Some Inverts:
Pincushion Urchin (Mespilia globulus)

Bulb Anemone (Entacmaea quadricolor)

Crocea Clam (Tridacna Puellaris)

Scarlet Skunk Cleaner Shrimp (Lysmata amboinenesis)

Fighting Conch (Strombus spp.)

Supper Tongan Nassarius Snail (Nassarius distortus)

and if needed more cleaning crew

Any suggestions or comments would be a huge help thanks.

Reefscape

I shoot people with a Canon
Staff member
Nov 8, 2006
Staffordshire, UK
seethroughmylens.co.uk
Real Name
Blinky
Sounds like a nice stocking list me mate..I would go for the blue tang over the orange shoulder due to tank recomendations on size..

On the corals, no issues providing your going to be adding a real good lighting system on there, probably 400w halides i would suggest..

Niko

cjtabares

AC Members
Oct 17, 2007
Bristol. RI
Ok something i forgot to mention is that this will be my first saltwater tank, would anything on this list be to hard for a beginner to keep? And u said because of the corals u would suggest 400w halides which ones demand that much light, and i thought the clam and anemone required the more intense light?

This is the light i was thinking of getting, the 72'' 3 250 halides, should i get something more?
http://www.drsfostersmith.com/produc...6&pcatid=15486

Reefscape

I shoot people with a Canon
Staff member
Nov 8, 2006
Staffordshire, UK
seethroughmylens.co.uk
Real Name
Blinky
Yes, the clam and the nem is what i had in mind when i mentioned lighting wattage..400w is just a preference on how i would do it...certainly not saying that 250w wont do it, as they would, i just prefer to be well done on lighting..

I dont see anything on your list that i would not recomend to a beginner, just take it all slowly, you'll be fine..

Personaly never used that light fixture, so i will let others comment on the one you mentioned in your post..

Niko

cjtabares

AC Members
Oct 17, 2007
Bristol. RI
Ok thanks niko

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store