Clea Helena

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Que

I wish I was a fish I wish.
Feb 15, 2007
Southern Berkshire county, MA
Real Name
Ken
Camera Used
cell phone
I couldn't find anything in the states but there were lots of links in Germany.

Q

Ajordan

Se?or Member - Get it?
Nov 21, 2006
Massachusetts
I've done a quick aquabid and ebay search... nothing. I also wonder how they deal with the shells. I feel like I have heard of other inverts that have very rough radulas that can basically file through shells of prey, that would be my guess for how this little guy does the job.

Sorab

AC Members
Sep 5, 2007
London UK
I have a couple of them the lfs didnt know what they were so gave them to me It took me a while to figure out why they were stuck to the trumpets. I think their name is Anenotome Helena They do go for snails as big or bigger than themselves and gorge themselves for a couple of days leaving an empty shell. Its kind of yuck. I have had them a couple of months they eat a big snail about once every three weeks; eating a meal their own size, they eat other food too.
This is a pic of one eating a trumpet snail.

snail killer.jpg

Ajordan

Se?or Member - Get it?
Nov 21, 2006
Massachusetts
amazing! I have heard them called Anenotome Helena as well. The common name in German translates to something like 'tower robber.' I would love to get some here in the US but haven't been able to find any... I tried looking at some online retailers in German and realized I don't speak German. Google translations seem to be good enough to let me know that I haven't found an international shipper yet.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store