a little coral advice

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

bethkira2000

AC Members
Jan 5, 2007
Maine
I would love some feedback on what kinds of soft corals or anemones maybe a fether duster, I would love some colors maybe not anemones to start with but some soft corals to start.:feedback:

Reefscape

I shoot people with a Canon
Staff member
Nov 8, 2006
Staffordshire, UK
seethroughmylens.co.uk
Real Name
Blinky
Depending on the lighting levels that will be available to corals, i would go for things like different coloured Zoo's, carnation tree, kenya tree...things along them lines..Feater dusters (tube worms) are cool, plenty of variety available..

Niko

trippkid

AC Members
Jun 27, 2007
Lewisberry, PA
Most anenomes require high level lighting. Mushrooms can be colorful, and like Niko said, Zoa's can be some of the wildest looking things, so many different colorations, IMO. Good luck, I hope you can find some colorful things for your tank. What are you specs. (tank size,equipment,lighting) by the way? We might be able to be a little more specific , knowing more information about your system.:thumbsup:
Matt

gomrjoe

AC Members
May 22, 2006
Miami, FL.
Agree with everything posted here.

GSP and Xenia are perhaps the best starter corals out there. Both are practically indestructable. Under a couple of actinics GSP can really stand out and make any tank look great.

Salty is right though, once you get the hang of it and your softies start to spread, put on the gloves, roll up your sleaves, and get ready to be a marine gardener! I am!

Almondsaz

AC Members
May 26, 2007
Great recommendations, might want some Xenia - gives you movement and color. Can't go wrong with ricordea and the color choices are almost endless. Zoo's and palys come in all sorts of colors and sizes.

bethkira2000

AC Members
Jan 5, 2007
Maine
my tank is 55g with love rock and sand I am thinking a reefsun, and a coralife 50/50 I am also using I think 2 Maxijet powerheads at aither end of the tank. I also have a skimmer too.I was also wonder as to how many anemones my tank could have and feather dusters. I loved the one Grins has, and thought that would be awesome in my tank.

jayghmi

Senior Member Wannabe
Feb 3, 2007
Western Michigan
I kept xenia - two types, mushrooms, kenya trees, star polyps and a cup coral under my 96watt 50/50 pc. The cup coral was happy way up in the tank maybe 3 inches under the water, although I will admit that it is thriving under my t-5's. Jay

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store