My clownfish have finally found the anemone, but I have a question about them

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

mamasky

AC Members
Dec 9, 2005
Reading, Pa.
I havea b&w perc and a regular perc who have evicted my porcelin crab and taken over my sebae. So, I've noticed over the past week or 2 that my clowns suck or chew on the tentacles of the sebae. It almost looks like they're nursing from it :lol: First it was just my regular perc but now I've noticed both of them doing it.
Is it normal or do I have odd clowns??? lol

mandy21

THE REEFER GODDESS
May 16, 2006
Ohio
I thought I remembered someone else posting that their clowns or other fish did this as well. I can't speak from personal experience, haven't gotten a nem . . . yet.

gomrjoe

AC Members
May 22, 2006
Miami, FL.
They definitely do that, quite normal. Be patient, if you get lucky, your clowns may actually start to bring your nem a meal! Witnessed it first hand, coolest thing!

mamasky

AC Members
Dec 9, 2005
Reading, Pa.
They definitely do that, quite normal. Be patient, if you get lucky, your clowns may actually start to bring your nem a meal! Witnessed it first hand, coolest thing!
I'm just happy they finally took to the thing. We've had the nem and regular perc for more than a year now and the b&w for more than 6 months. It's really neat to see the both of them bouncing around together.
I have a video of them fighting my lemon damsel from the nem. It's pretty funny.

Morel

AC Members
Nov 29, 2002
I'm debating if I wanna get one or not.. But I got time until I feel comfortable enough with my water conditions :)

<3Oscar

AC Members
Mar 28, 2009
IA, USA
The wife of my LFS owner keeps a BTA that is hosted by a pair of clowns. He told me that hers do the same thing and that it is sort've a way of cleaning the anemone.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store