Aiptasia in the middle of my Zoa!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

gomrjoe

AC Members
May 22, 2006
Miami, FL.
Ok troops need some suggestions here.

While inspecting my tank the other night after getting back from a business trip I found an Aiptasia a single, still relatively small (although bigger than its neighbors, my Halloween Zoa).

This guy is right smack in the middle of my Halloween zoa colony! :eek3:

He is definitely affecting the neighboring zoa's now because they are not opening, so I am worried now that he will cause more harm as he grows. I need to get him out of there, but need some suggestions.

I have a sirringe, but not one pin point enough that I would risk hitting my Zoa with if I tried to inject something. I thought about just taking the frag out and trying to get him off that way, but not sure how or if that would work. In the past, I have been fortunate that my Aiptasia have been on rocks that I could get out and fry the little suckers, but this one got into a place that this is not possible.

I just got this Halloween zoa frag from a local swap about two months ago, so it is still kind of small and hasn't had a chance to spread yet.

buzzbombtom

AC Members
Oct 11, 2007
do you have a peppermint shrimp? i know that lots of people have peps that dont eat aip. but mine loves it. that would be my best answer.

gomrjoe

AC Members
May 22, 2006
Miami, FL.
Really,

Bioling water hasn't seemed to work well for me, Grins just posted something abot Aiptasia about a week ago and someone recommended that she use Vinegar, do you think that would kill my zoos?

BeelzeBob

-CHAUVINIST PIG-
Mar 18, 2006
Boulder, Co.
BOBS AIPTASIA KILLING SOlUTION!!! (sorry i didnt make this clear.)

1/2cup vinegar, 1/4 tsp kalsawasser powder + diabetic needle from king soopers.

STABY STAB STAB IT!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store