Mono Sebae question

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

svenkesd

AC Members
Oct 29, 2007
Has anyone ever grown mono sebaes to full size (over 8")? If so, do you have any secrets to your success of getting them huge? I am growing them in brackish now, about 1.010, and slowly increasing salt content. Any other advise?

saffa

AC Members
Feb 22, 2012
Cape Town, South Africa
ive only got mine 3 months and they went from 1.5inches to 4inches and thats in fresh water...

i was hoping to keep them for about 2yrs before tranfering them to a marine setup but at the rate they going im wondering how long they can survive in my fresh water setup.

apparently they grow quite fast in a tall tank im told, whether there is any truth to this i wouldnt know.

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
Has anyone ever grown mono sebaes to full size (over 8")? If so, do you have any secrets to your success of getting them huge? I am growing them in brackish now, about 1.010, and slowly increasing salt content. Any other advise?
Feed heavily and change lots of water. A protein skimmer is a good idea as well.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store