clowns

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

MonoSebaelover

Anableps
Apr 20, 2001
Phoenix, AZ
www.shiredalefarm.com
I wouldn't be afraid of them fighting, I would be afraid of the Maroon killing the Perc. There is a huge difference in adult size and temperment. Maroons are the most aggressive of clowns and percs being one of the more docile ones. Just my opinion. I wouldn't try it. I once tried a pair of small Clarkii's with a small pair of Percs in a 55 and the Clarkii's constantly harrassed the percs so the percs got moved. Hope this helps.

Ray Pollett

AC Members
Jun 6, 2003
Blaine, WA
Visit site
Guy W,

It depends. If the maroon is tank raised it may not be a problem. If the Maroon has an anemone it may not be a problem in a 125. I've added other clowns including False Pecrs to tanks with tank breed maroons on more than one ocassion without a problem.

Ray

Guy W

AC Members
Apr 8, 2002
Naples, FL
Originally posted by Ray Pollett
Guy W,

It depends. If the maroon is tank raised it may not be a problem. If the Maroon has an anemone it may not be a problem in a 125. I've added other clowns including False Pecrs to tanks with tank breed maroons on more than one ocassion without a problem.

Ray
I don't know for sure if the maroon is tank raised. I'm guessing no but I honestly have no idea.

I probably shouldn't risk it, just in case. But some day if I have another tank of if my maroon should no long be with me, I'd like to have a small school of False Percs.

Guy

Ray Pollett

AC Members
Jun 6, 2003
Blaine, WA
Visit site
It is interesting, but in my tanks the false percs are the more aggressive of the two. I do not have any maroons that attack and bite me when I clean a tank. I have quite a few false pecrs that attack and bite me as I clean their tanks.

I tried yesterday to catch a maroon that was get kicked really good by a false perc in one tank.

Ray

TheTim

AC Members
Jun 25, 2003
Visit site
i have a 29 gallon tank, had 3 percs, and the maroon and they dont fight at all... one of the percs died, but thats cuz the shrimp nabbed him =x They dont really fight at all, and the maroon doesnt have an anemone.

mogurnda

vaguely present
Apr 29, 2003
DC
Visit site
I'll have to repeat latazyo's question, how old are they. I have trouble believing that a full-grown maroon clown will tolerate another clown of any flavor. I've heard too many stories otherwise.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store