OMG! Small white "eggs" against glass!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

emmaS

AC Members
Nov 6, 2006
I woke up this morning looked at my tank and screamed! All around the glass near the top are small white sacs that kind of resemble eggs.

Could those be fish eggs? I looked online and read they could also be snail eggs. I have no snails, but last week bought a plant and the fish store told me it would be safe to put inside my aquarium right away. Could I have gotten snail eggs from the plant?

I have 6 cories, a few tetras, and a pleco. The eggs look pretty big to me--are they pleco eggs?

fishcatch22

The Picotoper
Jun 13, 2006
Morris, Illinois
pics, pics, pics.... we need pics to be able to give a clear and correct definition on what those "eggs" are.

Apr 2, 2002
New York
Sounds like snail eggs. Cory eggs are possible if they are not in a gelatinous mass. Plecos normally spawn in caves or something close to being cavelike. Their eggs, of kicked from a cave, would remain on the bottoms and are usually big and amber colored.

emmaS

AC Members
Nov 6, 2006
Okay, took a pic with my camera phone so sorry, quality is bad. How do I post them here?

emmaS

AC Members
Nov 6, 2006
Okay, here goes. The "eggs" look like on the pleco but they are on the glass.

fisheggs.jpg fisheggs2.jpg

emmaS

AC Members
Nov 6, 2006
Okay, here goes. Okay tried to attach but pics would not show up.

Sigh.

Dangerdoll

Global Moderator
Aug 27, 2002
Roselle Park, NJ
aquariacentral.com
Real Name
Cori
I'm guessing Cory eggs too. If they were snail eggs, as mentioned, they would be hard to make out inside the gelled sac that's almost invisible until you see the tiny specs. Cory egs, I would say are about the size of a sesame seed except round all around, not flat like the seed.

fishcatch22

The Picotoper
Jun 13, 2006
Morris, Illinois
mmmmm.... have you done a large water change recently? preferably with cool water?

pinkertd

May 29, 2007
New Jersey
Real Name
Debbi
Yup, sounds like cory eggs to me. But Shhhh, I'm not sure that msjinkzd could stand to ready another cory spawn thread. I might have to run over to her place and slip some bably albino cories in her tanks as a surprise!:eek3:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store