144g half circle build thread with cichlid and plants

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

john_auberry

AC Members
Oct 23, 2005
The tank is a 144g Oceanic half circle.
Its set up as a reef but its time for a change. I have always done salt. I will be still be keeping my other reefs but this tank will be cichlids. The coral and fish with donated to members of my reef club and my favorite fish store.
So lets start with pictures

john_auberry

AC Members
Oct 23, 2005
So the tank is getting drained slowly have people pic up stuff they are take the water with them. Two guys left today with more stuff. I should have the rest of the rock and coral gone by this weekend.

john_auberry

AC Members
Oct 23, 2005
full room shot I just moved in this house 4 months ago so I know the room looks bare. I have picture to hang on the walls I havent got around to it yet.

john_auberry

AC Members
Oct 23, 2005
Im have alot of plubing uses with the 144g. So it has to be taking down anyway. I cant plumb it for automatic water changes to it in the living room, but I can in the office. So the office is getting the saltwater tank and the 144 tank will be a easy to take care of fresh water. I was thinking about moving the 144 tank to the office but it fits perfect in this spot. So I was going to take the 220g from my Alexis home and move it to the office as the salt. But then I figured that I didnt need that big of a tank in my little office so I bought a 120g.

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Informati
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
nooooo! Is this why you are selling rock?
It's highly unlikely of you to come and post in Cichlids section, Grins.:D

What cichlids are you planning to keep anyway, John?:)

zeus8807

Registered Member
Dec 3, 2007
if you dont mind me asking, what did that setup run you(meaning tank, stand, and canopy) ive seen the tanks before but have yet to see one for sale and their so cool looking:grinyes:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store