laws?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

emonemo420

Word
Jun 30, 2007
dover afb
www.myspace.com
does ne one know where i can find the laws regarding removing things from the ocean...ie my friend wants to set up a shark tank...can he just take some rock from the ocean? i mean if the shark he wants is from around the area? no im not talking about the great barrier reef or something im talking about delaware ...no not delawhere lol but delaware state (yes its a real state look it up on a map..(some people dont know)) anyway where would i find these laws...and one more question...is there a difference between the snails and hermits i find in the store and the ones that i see on seaweed floating around again in delaware? thanks in advance for any help

buttered loins

GO SPRINGBOKS!!!!
Jul 9, 2007
Wollongong, Sydney, Australia
I am not sure of a website, but he can search google for his local area fishery or something like that. Where I live you can only take sea water and catch fish (not to many) I cant take any rock. And i could be wrong but i think there is a difference between the snails in the shop and in the ocean. Because the ones in the shop are used to 25 degree water and the ones in the ocean are used to 18 degrees, depending where you live of course.

judgemax

I once was lost...
Feb 18, 2005
bellefonte PA
Real Name
Julie Probst
does ne one know where i can find the laws regarding removing things from the ocean...ie my friend wants to set up a shark tank...can he just take some rock from the ocean? i mean if the shark he wants is from around the area? no im not talking about the great barrier reef or something im talking about delaware ...no not delawhere lol but delaware state (yes its a real state look it up on a map..(some people dont know)) anyway where would i find these laws...and one more question...is there a difference between the snails and hermits i find in the store and the ones that i see on seaweed floating around again in delaware? thanks in advance for any help
contact the Delaware fish and game commission, or the wildlife commission. I don't recommend removing any live stock from the ocean, because you can not be sure of what parasites it may bring. You may even get lucky, and the may have some they will give you! I know here, the fish and game commission, pull plants, ect, water samples, and unless someone wants it, ..the just trash it, maybe DE has a program, that needed some ocean rocks for samples?..

tamableanimal

AC Members
Aug 26, 2007
Caro, Michigan
Your best bet is to contact the local DNR in the state that you want to catch them. Some areas and for certain animals you just need a permit. For others no animal can be taken alive.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store