My fishes are lost...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

alexuta

AC Members
Nov 14, 2007
My naso and blue tang are gone...i dont know why. that and a lots of problems only after i change the substrat. Why??? Naso didn't eat for 2 days. My blue tang didnt make it off the ich. All after the change substrat. I am afraid of the Nemo. He is ok so far but alone...:headshake2::help::help::help:

FeatherDuster

AC Members
Mar 24, 2007
I am sorry for your loss. A substrate can have negative effects. There are a lot of undesirable particles and gases you are releasing into the water. How big of a water change did you do after the substrate change? Did you change all the substrate in one day? It was recommend to me that fish be quarantined during a large substrate change (more than 30% of substrate) for at least a week. That way you have time to monitor/adjust your tank parameters and treat fish for any possible stress.

I hope your Nemo does well. Maybe someone else can offer more advice.

alexuta

AC Members
Nov 14, 2007
I was thinking about some gases to be released but was not sure. I didn't see any advise to change only 30% or something.
Nothing wrong with the other tang. Just sudenly didn't eat start turning gray black. It didn't eat since i brought it home but Grins gave me idea with 'nori' and then start eat, after a few days didn't and ...
Nemo does well so far but was looking for it's frend Dorie half day in the same Dorie's cave...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store