ro/di water storage

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

tranceFusion

AC Members
Mar 21, 2007
Frederick, MD
how can I store water, both unmixed for topping off and mixed w/ salt for changes..? do i need to do anything special, or just use a bucket/jug/etc?

thanks

fsn77

AC Moderators
Staff member
Feb 22, 2006
SC
I store mixed sw in the buckets the salt mix came in after I've used up the mix.
RO/DI gets stored in two 7 gallon drinking water jugs I bought in the camping section at W-M.

fsn77

AC Moderators
Staff member
Feb 22, 2006
SC
Some people do, I don't. I'll mix if for a few hours with a powerhead, then store it for up to 3 weeks before using it -- never had a problem doing it this way.

clown-lover

AC Members
May 26, 2007
Fargo, ND
I use old salt buckets for the makeup water and a 40 gallon trashcan for the salt mix container.

kjbrat

AC Members
Feb 19, 2007
Sarasota, FL
I use a kitchen spoon (solely devoted to my tanks) to mix the salt in until it dissolves, then put a powerhead in to help aerate the water.

Almondsaz

AC Members
May 26, 2007
I use some 5 gallon containers I got for $6 at my LFS that I keep my RO in, I try to keep 2 5 gallon containers of RO and 1 5 gallon of RO I use each week for my automatic top off.

I use a large rubermaid trash container that is new...to mix salt water. I start the mix on Thursday evening and do my water change on Sunday. I know that many don't do that, but now it is habit.....and habits are hard to break. I do believe that you need to mix the saltwater 24 hours before you use it. I use 2 powerheads to keep the water moving and mixing. You only need one.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store