Aggressive Clowns

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

bocastork

AC Members
Sep 18, 2007
Over the past two weeks I had lost a few fish (sixline wrasse, yellow-eyed tang). I tested my water - everything was fine - so I replaced them. Came in tonight and found my new purple firefish in the mouth of one of my clown fish. Looks like the clowns have been the killers.

Any suggestions on what fish will get along with the clowns? I have a coral beauty, a neon goby, a midas blenny, and a royal gramma and they seem to be getting along fine - I would like to replace the purple firefish, but with something that will last for more than 2 days.

clown-lover

AC Members
May 26, 2007
Fargo, ND
Wow thats strange.. What kind of clowns.. A normal Amphiprion ocellaris or Amphiprion Percula did that or some other type??

FeatherDuster

AC Members
Mar 24, 2007
Wow, I have never heard of clowns demonstrating that type of behavior. Some species can be aggressive, but usually not the point of actually killing all types of fish and trying to eat them. I would also like to know what species you have. Maybe consider trading in the clowns for a different pair?

RPetty

AC Members
Oct 14, 2007
houston, tx.
i had a pretty rowdy tomato clown that would beat up my damsels... but it never killed anything.

Pufferpunk

AC Members
Mar 22, 2002
Chicago
www.thepufferforum.com
Real Name
Jeni
I put a maroon clown in with my extremely aggressive puffers & 2 of the puffer's tails were stubs within a week. Traded it in for a tomatoe clown.

clown-lover

AC Members
May 26, 2007
Fargo, ND
Wow I had a true and false perc and they were the best of friends. I've never seen any aggressive behavior out of Lenny except when he was wanting squiggy to submit to her dominance and chasing others away from her colt coral.. But nothing like that.

Snoogans

AC Members
Feb 16, 2007
Brisbane, Australia
My clown killed his buddy and now attacks me whenever I place a hand in the tank. Angry little buggers

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store