Dwarf CrayFish

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

thebullit

smile it confuses people
Apr 29, 2007
North West, UK
the only fish i have succsesfully kept with my cray fish is guppies. they live and breed in hormany with each other.

in general crays will try to attack and eat any slow moving / swimming creatures, and any bottom dwellers.

FtwayneFish

Pump Paintball!
Dec 7, 2007
Fort Wayne, IN
i have a wild med size crayfish. and he doesnt bother my danios, tiger barbs, or more importantly my 3 bottom dwelling darters or my 30 ghost shrimp in my 5 gal. they climb on his back and give him a good cleaning lol. in my 10 gal with his cave and less shrimp he should be even more rommie.

but i think as long as you have a retreat and feed reguraly he wont need to lay and wait to snag something. and mines wild? maybe he doesnt know whats goin on or whatnot?

and as ususal with any weird combo. it has to do with that fishes or crayfishes attitude to begin with.

Bk718

No Monkey Business
Nov 29, 2007
Brooklyn, NY
i have a wild med size crayfish. and he doesnt bother my danios, tiger barbs, or more importantly my 3 bottom dwelling darters or my 30 ghost shrimp in my 5 gal. they climb on his back and give him a good cleaning lol. in my 10 gal with his cave and less shrimp he should be even more rommie.

but i think as long as you have a retreat and feed reguraly he wont need to lay and wait to snag something. and mines wild? maybe he doesnt know whats goin on or whatnot?

and as ususal with any weird combo. it has to do with that fishes or crayfishes attitude to begin with.
Thanks for answers.. Will try and grab one from the store today and try it out.

vampie

AC Members
Oct 25, 2006
New York, NY
I'd have to assume the OP meant Cambarellus shufeldtii, and not the larger crays.

FtwayneFish

Pump Paintball!
Dec 7, 2007
Fort Wayne, IN
lol get that tounge.

But what size do dwarfs stay at? they dont have any in my Fort Wayne IN lfs
Capable of still catching a fish if they wanted?

I was going to add. the crayfish they do sell in my area are already grown to there max 5-6" and are 20.00 and up oowwww.
So thats why i decided to catch my own lol. kinda hill billy in a ditch next to the highway with my net and empty ice cream pale with my fiance lol.
She spotted him too i totally didnt see any.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store