More Prizm Help

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

VoodooChild

Kissin' the Sky
Dec 17, 2001
MN
Visit site
Heyya folks. Thanks Brian for the help before. I have a couple more questions. First, to reduce noise, can I put bio balls or something to that effect in the chamber with the intake that doesn't hold water? Secondly, I was getting alot of clear foam, as it says in the book, but this was filling up the collection cup to the put of me having to change it every 2 minutes (that is, if I let it fill up). Instead I turned down the flow. Can I keep it like this for the 10 day break in period or does it need to be turned on high for breaking in and will I just have to sit next to the thing for a few hours and just keep on refilling my tank with the collection cup? Thank alot for any help and patience with the long winded question 2.

BrianH

AC Members
Oct 16, 2001
Oakland, NJ
photos.yahoo.com
I'm not sure what chamber doesn't hold water but you can turn the valve down a bit. I would try minute adjustments to produce foam while not overflowing the collection cup. It should take a few days for the collection cup to fill. You can also turn the vale up while your in the room and then turn it down when you leave. Also remember that adding food, chemicals and putting your hands in the tank will affect skimming. The skimming will either decrease or increase during these times.

Brian

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store