OMG!!!! ITS A MIRACLE!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

fish guru

AC Members
Nov 12, 2007
:eek:mg: OKAY, TODAY IS LIKE THE GREATEST DAY EVER IN MY FISH KEEPING HOBBY. ANYWAYTS, i BOUGHT A BETTA, AND TI WAS EATING WELL. BUT AFTER A WHILE, i NORTICED IT'S BELLY STARTING TO SWELL UP AND IN THE END IT JUST COMPLETELY STOPPED MOVING AND ALL OF IT'S FINS WERE STICKING UP. i THEN MOVED IT INTO A SEPARATE BOWL AND i ASKED ME LFS. THEY TOLD ME THAT HE HAD A DISEASE CALLED DROPSY AND THAT THERE WAS NOTHING THAT i CAN DO ABOUT IT. HOWEVER, i KEPT MY EYE ON IT, AND NOW IT HAS BEEN ABOUT ATWO WEEKS. THAT'S RIGHT THIS FISH HAS BEEN SURVIVING FOR TWO WEEKS WITHOUT ANY FOOD ! TODAY i DECIDED TO GIVE IT SOME JUST TO SEE IF IT WILL EVEN TRY TO FEED. BUT THEN, IT TOOK A HUGE BITE OUT OF THE FLAKE FOOD!!! i WAS SO SURPRISED! THEN WHEN i FED MY SALTWATER TANK, i LEARNED THAT MY CLEANER SHRIMP HAS EGG! THEN WHEN i LOOKED AT M,Y FRESHWATER TANK, i REALIZED THAT ONE OF MY PLANTS HAD A BIG FLOWER ON IT, AND THE OTHER PLANT(WHICH WAS ALREADY BLOOMING) HAD TINY SEEDS THAT WERE STARTING TO GERMINATE! i AM SO HAPPY1

Ctenopoma

Ctenopoma Hoarder
Oct 26, 2007
wow many amazing things happened right there.

-GKF

fish guru

AC Members
Nov 12, 2007
well the betta was in my 20 gallon aquarium, but I wanted to separate it so that the dropsy wouldnt spread. I know that they need heating, but I dont have a quarantine tank. i want one, but since i am only 14, i dont think that i can handle so much. i already have 2 tanks. one saltwater, and one freshwater.

jpappy789

Plants need meat too
Feb 18, 2007
Gainesville, FL
Real Name
Josh
well the betta was in my 20 gallon aquarium, but I wanted to separate it so that the dropsy wouldnt spread. I know that they need heating, but I dont have a quarantine tank. i want one, but since i am only 14, i dont think that i can handle so much. i already have 2 tanks. one saltwater, and one freshwater.
what else is in the tank?

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Informati
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
Dropsy is caused by many factors. Your case does not sound like bacterial infection to me at all. It happened by all of a sudden, right? Did you acclimate it properly? Fish tend to belly up when in sudden shock.

kr0nic

AC Members
Jul 2, 2007
Newcastle, Australia, NSW
AFAIK dropsy isnt a disease and cant be spread, but you did the right thing in quaranintening the guy.

jaysen

i eat rats like you for breakfast!
Oct 10, 2007
long island, NY
www.myspace.com
i have treated dropsy with success in the past. i used maracyn 2. it is minocycline and worked in a few days. i would at least attempt treating the fish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store