Another sick clown... Recommendations?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ooja3k

AC Members
Jul 3, 2007
San Luis Obispo
Well, my girlfriend and I have another sick clown.

Some of you may remember when we got two clowns about 6-7 weeks back that they both bit the dust...

We figured out that they may not have initially been sick at all, but in my haste, I was sure that it was sick.. Well looking back I don't think they were, but between the FW dips, QT-tank to Display tank moves, medications, I think they actually got sick and died...

Well, this time, I am going to take it slow with the sick fish. I do know that it does have brook, and i am setting up the quarantine tank now. I will let the QT tank settle in over night. And then FW dip, and place the fish in there in the morning.

This is one of the two clowns from her 10gal reef. They are roughly two weeks old. (We got them two weeks ago).

Would you recommend that I move the other fish to quarantine too? Or just the sick one. Because once the sick one is in quarantine, he will be medicated with a formalin treatment, and I don't want the healthy fish to have to go through the treatment process if he doesn't have to.

On my 30gal reef, i had the exact same issue that she has here, two clowns, one sick. But I kept my not-sick clown in the display tank, and she never came down with the disease (brook), and then after 2 weeks of treatment, the clown that had been treated got re-introduced into the display tank. The disease never showed itself again. Was this a fluke?? Should I go fallow for 6-8 weeks? Treat both anyway?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store