Mafia #20 - Pirates of the Carribean the Play

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

clown-lover

AC Members
May 26, 2007
Fargo, ND
Mafia – The Pirates of the Caribbean Game

Game Description

It is the early 1700’s and the Pirates abound in the Caribbean Seas raiding and pillaging coastal towns and unwary seaward travelers. It is the goal of the Pirates to either convert all of the innocent townies to be their spy’s and to create safe ports to harbor their ships from the English Naval Fleet.

Special Roles

Captain – you are Edward Teach better known to his men as Black Beard. Your goal is to convert as many of the innocent towns along the Caribbean coast to do your bidding. The more towns that you have under your control the stronger your forces will be when you try to defeat the English Naval Fleet in combat. You and your mates will be able to communicate outside of the thread. If you are killed your men will surrender to the English Admiral and plead for their lives. You may promote one of your Pirates (NOT Cooke) to the rank of Captain one time. You rely on thieves for your investigations and must pay them dearly for their information. It is up to you to decide whether or not you trust a thief. You may hit one person each night by emailing the victims of your choices name to the game moderator. You will be given a stash of gold with which you may barter for information from the thief. When your money runs out you will not be able to buy any more investigations. The amount of money you will receive will be up to the game moderator (see money section). You may also bribe the thief to feed incorrect information to the magistrate. What price he charges will be up to him.

1st Mate – you are the Captain Black Beard’s right hand man and in many instances can take his place when needed. You have a special ability that you may at any time by emailing the game moderator state that you wish to take his place during any nightly investigations and will show up as the captain to the anyone investigating you. You may communicate with the Captain, Cooke and other pirates outside of the thread.

Cooke – you are the ships cook and doctor. Not only do you feed the men their daily rations but you bind their wounds and are able to protect one of your mates during the nightly excursions. You may protect someone twice. You may not protect the Captain at any time. You may communicate with the Captain, 1st Mate and other pirates outside of the thread.

Pirate – You are one of Captain Black Beard’s men. You may communicate with the Captain, 1st Mate and Cooke and other Pirates outside of the thread.

Thief – You are not aligned with Black Beard or the town, you are on your own. You can negotiate any price for your information and may (if you find the magistrate) communicate with them outside of the thread in order to barter deals for your information. You may communicate with Black Beard outside of the thread to negotiate pricing for your information. You may choose to negotiate a flat fee for your investigations or you may choose to negotiate on a per investigation basis. Your communications cannot happen in any chat room and must be conducted through the board PM system, through email or offsite PM. You are not allowed to enter either sides chatroom. You must communicate exactly what you are told to the other side. No "creative license" is allowed. If you are bribed to say that xyz is the Governor then you must tell the pirates what you were paid to tell them. If you are paid to tell the Magistrate that your last investigation showed xyz as a pirate then you must do so. You may not offer your services for free your a thief everything has its price.

Governor – You are the governor of a small seaside town that has been besieged by Black Beard and his troops. Your goal is to hunt down Black Beard and all of his men and bring them to justice for their crimes against the Queen. If you die your town and all of its people will come under the jurisdiction of Black Beard and his men. The town will be lost. You rely on Watchmen for your information about possible pirates. You must pay dearly for this information. You may communicate with the magistrate outside of the thread.

Magistrate – You are the law in this small sea side town and are responsible to create order amongst the chaos in the land. During one evening vote you may choose to annul any lynching and put the prisoner in your jail. The prisoner will be able to communicate twice in the forum while in your jail and will be under your protection. You may release him at your peril or slaughter them and complete the towns lynching. You may communicate with the governor outside of the thread. If the Thief finds you I will notify you and you may decide whether or not you wish to barter with them for information. You may also bribe the thief to feed false information to the pirates. If you die the governor loses his investigations. You may use the board PM system, email or other PMing software to talk with the Watchman about his investigations. He is not allowed in your chat room. You may not reveal his identity to anyone. You may not reveal the identity of the thief to anyone.

Watchman – You are the man with all of the answers. You see all of the comings and goings in the harbor and have a keen sense of when things are wrong in your little neck of the woods. You are able to investigate any of the players within the game. Your investigation will be communicated to the magistrate through the board PM system, email or other PMing software. You are not allowed in the magistrate/governors chat room. You may not reveal your identity to anyone. You may protect any one individual during the evening from the pirate hit. (this may not be discussed with the Magistrate through the PM system) You may even protect yourself if they are getting to close to your scent.

Guard – You are the guard and have a one time shot to execute anyone within the game of your choosing. You will email me your request on whatever night you choose. Your execution cannot be protected by anyone. You NOT communicate with the governor, magistrate or watchmen outside of the thread. Depending on the number of people who sign up there may be two of these roles.

Townie – You live in ACVille, a small sea side town that is currently under siege by Black Beard and his pirates. You have a feeling of dread that you will be pillaged or worse things by Black Beard if he gains control of the town. You may not communicate outside of the thread.

Special Occurrences

Through the course of the game some special occurrences may happen and will be decided by random number generator.
  • During any night of the game a townie may find a pirate lurking through the town by accident and shoot them in self defense.
  • During any night of the game a pirate may terrorize the watchmen voiding any investigations for that night.
  • During any night of the game a townie may choose to convert to a pirate because he is tired of the governor’s rule.
  • During any night of the game the thief may find him/her self a lass/mate that knocks them off their feet and makes them change their dastardly ways.
  • During any night of the game a player may receive a drunken induced vision that tells them one of the Pirates. (This will never be the Captain)
  • During any night of the game the Captain might become unconscious due to overdrinking grog and not be able to get a hit on a townie.
  • During any one night of the game a lynch or a hit may not happen.
  • During any one night of the game a townie may get a special ability to hide a potential hit in their root cellar.
There is only a 20% chance that any of these occurrences will occur and a 50% chance that it will go off correctly. Each of these will have to successfully pass two random rolls. 1 to see if a random occurrence happens and 2 if it does happen. What order they will happen in will be determined before the game starts and “may” be communicated by the game moderator in the thread when the occurrence happens. Any of these may happen more than once but will never happen more than twice.

Money

An amount of Golden Doubloons will be given to both the Governor (his taxes coffer) and Black Beard (his Pirates Chest). This money will enable you to barter with the thief for his information (if you feel you can trust that information). He may choose to barter with you on a investigation by investigation basis, or by a flat rate basis. It is up to you guys to work this out. You will notify the Game Moderator on how you choose to negotiate and the costs that are involved.

As the thief you will not be told how much money is in the coffers, but you must barter in good faith with those persons with whom you have the authority to do so.

So what does the Gold Doubloons do for you, well for one it will make you rich. However you may wish to use those funds in order to purchase your safety in the game. It is not going to be wise for any townie to make you walk the plank because you may choose to help them in their quest to rid the town of Black Beard and his nasty men. You may choose to help Black Beard become overlord of the town, this is completely up to you. However if you are up for a lynch you’ll be able to bribe your way to freedom. This may end up looking like a botched lynch to the townies so they will only be able to speculate. What price you will have to pay will be up to the Game Moderator, but you can be certain that you’ll need at least a quarter of the total coffers.

Your negociations for information will be communicated by all concerned parties in a seperate communication to the game moderator just to keep everyone honest. If there are any discrepancies you may be flogged.

Game Mechanics

1) Each game day, everyone in the town has to vote to lynch someone. You vote by saying (in bold)… I vote to make so and so walk the plank.

a. You must vote and post each day in the thread. If you fail to vote, you will be made to walk the plank or something even more dire.During this game there will be specific allowances for people because of the holidays. A schedule of night falls will be set up before the game starts and adhered to because of the holiday season.

b. If you decide to switch your vote, state in bold you are doing so and the new vote. (I retract my vote on XXXX, and vote for XXX to walk the plank)

2) Whoever has the most votes walks the plank. If you are protected by a special device or the doctor the person with the next highest number of votes will be forced to walk the plank.

a. The priority of night time happenings is:

Cooke’s Protection
Town Lynch
Watchman’s Protection
Pirate Hit

Untimely Deaths

b. If multiple people have the same number of votes, I will use the random generator to decide which of those gets lynched.

3) If you do not vote daily, then you will pass away from some strange (probably embarrassing) illness that I will give you. (see special holiday rules posting)

4) Everything stays in the game, no PMing people and setting up deals or alliances, or discussing issues in this game on other sites. The sole exception to this is the authorization by me for special role players to do so. In the case of the thief the only thing you may communicate to each other is negotiations or results of investigations. No strategy will be allowed.

I STRONGLY SUGGEST THAT AUTHORIZED PEOPLE COMMUNICATE VIA AN OFF SITE MESSAGING BOARD LIKE MSN/AIM/ICQ.

5) You can say whatever you want in the game, but you can't 'prove it' with my PM to you.

7) The Pirates and Black Beard win, when they kill the Governor or you have reduced the innocent population to 2 less than the number of pirates under your command.

8) The Innocents win if they lynch more than 50% of the total pirate population or you kill Black Beard.

9) The number of Pirates within this game will be up to the random number generator. It will be less than or equal to 40% of the total game population but not less than 25% of the game population.

10) Moderators who are players may not use any of their special abilities that are not available to a normal board user to make a case within the game. This includes any members activity status or online status. This includes your chat rooms guys. Play honest.

Last edited:

LesbianChap

Don't ask, I'll tell.
Jan 2, 2006
Florida
Minute 1 analysis:

(Note: If I screw’d up your gender/pronoun, I’m sorry…did my best to keep them straight.)

bethkira2000 (9)

Look at that face…the longing for the ocean…the longing of a pirate captain! Not sure she’s Blackbeard, but definitely pinning her as a pirate, probably Blackbeard or the First Mate.

Hooked Newbie (7)

Look carefully…he’s slipped already…sARRRRRcasm. Looks like Pirate talk to me…still not too sure though, could be he’s just stuttered or something. I’ll be watching him closely.

Dangerdoll (7)

That’s not the face of an innocent. That’s the face of a deviant. Don’t know if that means she’s a pirate or just a sick, sick person…so I’m going to keep an eye on her for more tells.

Blueiz (7)

Look at that. She’s hiding something too. The Christmas Tree makes me think innocent, but that face just says that there’s something to be known, for good or ill. I’m going to keep an eye on her as well.

IceH20 (9)

That’s all that needs to be said. PIRATE!

mee-mee (7)
She set her tagline to say “It is that time of year...”…but what time does she mean? Time to remove the pirates from our fair village, or time to build the pirate-empire? I think she needs to answer this question…

Malbri (4)

Pirates have no need for horses…but then again, it may just be a ruse to make us think she’s innocent. I’ll watch her for now, but she’ll be on my suspected innocent list.

LesbianChap (0, I’m no threat to myself!)

First off those look like serpents of the sea…and sea serpents are only a threat to pirates, so I’d call him a Guard. Then there’s his tagline: “Don’t ask, I’ll tell.” Maybe he’s the Watchman instead?

Lupin (3)
Snowman’s friend…Well we all know no snowman would survive the salt sprays onboard a pirate vessel…Definitely an innocent townie.

Lady G (3)
and

Look at that…first her with a snowman (Ref Lupin’s defense), and then her with a family. Pirates don’t have children, they have *******s…I’d go for innocent townie this round.

jpappy789 (8)

Look at that…Snoopy is trying to look like he’s sleeping, but we all know how devious that dog was. Always sneaking around and pilfering objects for his projects…Sounds like a thief to me.

rbishop (8)

First off, his name is in red…do we need any more to know he’s pure scum? Could even be BlackBeard himself…but I doubt it. Look how he’s offering a precious stone though, and it had the deep blue hue of the ocean. Definitely only one place a pirate could go.

Mgamer20o0 (6)

Evil robot santa firing an automatic rifle…But this is pirates and cutlasses, not robots and machine guns. Still, evil is evil, right? Let’s watch him and see where his votes fall, and who he defends…

Madcrawdad (5)

I really don’t know how to read this…maybe he’s pulling a plantling and trying to keep the pirates from hitting him by acting like a non-communicating pirate…or maybe he really is a pirate. Going to watch him, but not consider him too much of a threat for first-night.

judgemax (9)
We all know pirates like a good lay, and Santa called JM a ‘Ho’ 3 times…but that doesn’t make her necessarily evil…however, research deeper into her profile…she’s a fighter, and pirates fight. Us good townsfolk only wish to defend our fair village, but a pirate is vicious wanting nothing more then to destroy the world. JM’s a known pirate!

johnlarson66 (8)
Howdy-Ho? I smell a JM/JL Connection. Watch them closely, I think there will be lots of evidence of them talking outside the thread.

Grins (6)
Girl Reefer…I wonder what Reefer actually means…a pirate that hangs around the protection of the reef, or one who enjoys the relaxing effect of the reefer plant…I’m watching you Grins…I’m watching you…

So with that, it’s a toss-up vote between Beth, Ice, and JM…and.
I vote to make IceH20 walk the plank.

clown-lover

AC Members
May 26, 2007
Fargo, ND
The "Game On" post has not been posted as of yet.. Please do not post in the Thread until then..
Thanks

clown-lover

AC Members
May 26, 2007
Fargo, ND
Ok guys and gals.. ALL PM's sent..

"GAME ON"

clown-lover

AC Members
May 26, 2007
Fargo, ND
If you choose to contact me outside of this thread or AC (I STRONGLY SUGGEST THIS) I have both my AIM and Yahoo Messanger Open..

yahoo - markymarvin
aim - clownlover1965

I will send you my email address if you so choose as well..

IceH2O

Bazinga
Nov 26, 2005
Rock Hill,South Carolina
Real Name
Ice
Lets do it guys.

A lot of posts in the sign up thread so I'm hoping it translates to a busy thread here. Just because you got your roles now doesn't mean its time to lay low.

For the time being the person with the lowest amount of posts will get my vote until someone shows me different.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
notice plant boy is hiding already.....

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store