Anemone

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

shanefee

AC Members
Sep 6, 2007
Thinking of buying one so went to my marine shop to look at them, Saw one that he called a green tip , but it was all curled up and seemed to be smoking and expelling brownish stuf out of its hole .Is it just getting rid of its waste or is there something wrong with it .:)

120gallons

AC Members
Sep 19, 2007
Probably a green bubble tip. Please do research ahead of time. Anemones aren't something to just go out and buy willie nillie.

Pufferpunk

AC Members
Mar 22, 2002
Chicago
www.thepufferforum.com
Real Name
Jeni
How long has your tank been set up? What size is it? Parameters?

Pufferpunk

AC Members
Mar 22, 2002
Chicago
www.thepufferforum.com
Real Name
Jeni
I know, just naming the things the OP needs to know about their tank before getting one.

Grins

Girl Reefer...we do exist
May 1, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Shane, I agree with the others that it is most likely a green bubble tip. And they do "shrivel up" when expelling waste or waste water. It is only bad if they stay shriveled up. I waited for about 7 months to get my rbta. It was within the 6 months to a year guideline and my lights and water parameters were apporpriate by then. It was a risk of course since I have a mixed reef but so far I've been glad I added it to my tank. My clowns of course ignore the thing.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store