T5 Quicktronic Ballast

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Jexai

Hermit
Apr 13, 2003
UK
marine.jexai.co.uk
Well after 45days wait I have finally received my T5 ballast, hooray... thing is it's one of these that you have to wire yourself and it came with no instructions :confused:

Has anyone else purchased one of these ballasts, and if so could you please let me know which way round I put the live/neutral from the mains.

Jexai

Hermit
Apr 13, 2003
UK
marine.jexai.co.uk
My ballast doesn't seem to be listed there but they are all Osram and it seems that they all have the neutral on top and the live below so I will follow their example and hope it works out :D

Cheers Dabbler

Well I actually went ahead and wired it in...and it works, sometimes I shock myself :p :p

Cheers again for the help, I don't think I would have wanted to guess without some sort of diagram.

Last edited:

Jexai

Hermit
Apr 13, 2003
UK
marine.jexai.co.uk
Hiya everyone

Well it's all gone wrong :( after running perfectly for a couple of hours half of the bulb has gone dull, while the other half is as bright as ever...

Does anyone have any idea what would cause this ??? is it a ballast or bulb fault ?

Thanks

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store