Maracyn-Two

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Ally100500

AC Members
Mar 18, 2007
Does anyone know when treating with Maracyn-Two do I need to hold off on water changes? I got lax on water quality and now I'm battling Dropsy. I somehow killed my bioload and I'm sure I'm going to need a 30% change tomorrow. params are ammonia 0.2, nitrite and nitrate 0 ph 7.2.

~Kswords~

AC Members
Jun 28, 2007
USA
If you want treatment to work, I suggest not doing water changes during treatment. As soon as treatment is over you can do your water changes. But be sure to follow the directions on the box as some medicines tell you to keep dosing day after day because a build-up of the medication is needed for it to work fully and properly.

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Informati
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
What size is the tank and what are the fish in it? What is your water change schedule normally? Please elaborate how you lax with your schedule and how you "kill your bioload". How long has the tank been running? Do you have live plants in it?

Ally100500

AC Members
Mar 18, 2007
Good news. After 5 days of treatment the dropsy is gone!!! I didn't hold out much hope for the meds to work, but it seems that between the maracyn II and feeding a steady diet of peas my goldfish rosie is going to make it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store