Breeding Brichardi's

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

nano55

AC Members
May 14, 2007
Has anyone had any experience with breeding brichardi's? What are the tank requirements?Water conditions and temperature?

Brian Bivens

Labeotropheus Trawavasae
Jun 8, 2007
Colorado Springs
Keep em in at aleast a 15 to 20 gallon... I would suggest buying four brichardi's and starting with the two that pair off. Don't have any other fish in the tank (you can have fish them with, but the more fish, the more they will concentrate on defending their territory), keep the water clean, ph of upper 7's to low 8's (mine is at 7.8-8.0) and keep the water at about 78.

Brichardi's are one of the most prolific cichlids, and will breed, if they aren't cramped, and there isn't a struggle for male dominance or territory taking place.

elementkid65

gill-less
Jul 3, 2007
where ever i am
if you put a known male and a known female that don't fight together huge chance they will breed and they are good parents. a 15 gallon is ok for three untill they get bigger and increase the family size.
i had white tail brichardi which from my experience are way less agressive than the norml variety.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store