Clown hosting

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

fsn77

AC Moderators
Staff member
Feb 22, 2006
SC
A local club member had a clown that hosted his favia brain. I guess some clowns don't feel the need for any tentacles to be sticking up / waving around when they pick a host. Our clowns at least host in a couple of our frogspawn and hammer corals. But, yeah, that is kind of weird they chose your plating montipora.

jagr200

AC Members
Oct 3, 2007
America
I was at my LFS and a clown in their tank was hosting with a clam. Kinda strange but it was just laying on its side then it would swim away for awhile then come back over and over again.

reavesinc

Save the world, grow a reef.
Oct 22, 2006
Redwood City, CA
www.reavesinc.com
Funny thing is that these clowns hosted my anem before it killed itself, then just hung out in the general area until I added the monti. I added a toadstool leather but they didn't even bat an eye.

Sorry It was supped to be general salt not FW

FeatherDuster

AC Members
Mar 24, 2007
Clowns will usually take any host that will accept them (if you have a clown in the hosting mood). So basically anything is fair game in the tank. My clown doesn't like to be tied down by one host so she will change every two months or so.

Fishieness

AC Members
Jan 14, 2006
ct
feather's right... they'll host just about anything. I've seen brains, mushrooms, macro algae, sps, rocks, corners, powerheads, intakes of HOB filters, feather dusters, algae clips, magfloats. A guy in my club also had clowns hosting his clam. Only they hosted INSIDE because it was a huge gigas...

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Informati
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
feather's right... they'll host just about anything. I've seen brains, mushrooms, macro algae, sps, rocks, corners, powerheads, intakes of HOB filters, feather dusters, algae clips, magfloats. A guy in my club also had clowns hosting his clam. Only they hosted INSIDE because it was a huge gigas...
I find myself curious on this.:lipssealedsmilie: I had anemones though for the clowns to host so I have not noticed them hosting anywhere else other than switching anemones.:grinyes:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store