Is This Tang Combo OKAY?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

futurecanadian

AC Members
Mar 10, 2007
Cleveland, OH
1 Yellow Tang... I caved In
1 Hawaiian Naso Tang
1 Pulani Tang

and maybe 1 Blue Hippo

Can I have all of these lovely items together?

archer772

AC Members
Apr 20, 2006
Caro Michigan
Well in your sig it says you have a 75 gallon and I think that would be too small, you should have at least a 6 foot tank with an 8 footer being better

futurecanadian

AC Members
Mar 10, 2007
Cleveland, OH
OY... Yea the tank is just over 3 ft. I already got the yellow and palani tangs. It is a deep tank if that counts for anything.

Also, within a year or so, I am sure that I will have bought a much larger saltwater tank. I am waiting for my aquarium room to be finished.

Reefscape

I shoot people with a Canon
Staff member
Nov 8, 2006
Staffordshire, UK
seethroughmylens.co.uk
Real Name
Blinky
All in honesty, i would make some changes to your stocking..the tangs along with the 6 damsels do not make a peacefull environment..And, as stated above, the only tang you could get away with is the yellow tang, and even then, your borderline..If it was me, i would at least take back the palani tang and stick to the yellow untill you already have a larger tank in place...

Buying fish, and then "planning" an upgrade in the future is not ideal, as we all know, things happen, things change and that lovely aquarium that we were planning never materializes...Sorry, but just being realistic here..

Good luck

Niko

futurecanadian

AC Members
Mar 10, 2007
Cleveland, OH
I see. I am down to two yellow-tailed damsels. I sent 4 back to the LFS. As for the Palani tang, I will return him and trade him out for something else. I will not get the Naso either.

Well darn it... I really wanted the naso for X-mas... OY what are some 3-4 inchers that would love my sized tank? I like size and color...

strangerdejavu

AC Members
Sep 22, 2007
Grand Forks, ND
You could do a Foxface Rabbitfish, they have great character and the added "cool" factor of venomous spines. The bluechin trigger would also work in a 75g. Both have the added benefit of being reef-safe too.

If you're just FOWLR, I'd 2nd the dwarf angels, they're beautiful. There are a bunch of pretty wrasses out there. Could do a royal gramma. Lots of folks like the combination of pistol shrimp/goby

futurecanadian

AC Members
Mar 10, 2007
Cleveland, OH
thanks... I went out and bought a Coral Beauty... it added color and made me happy for the day... We will see what xmas brings.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store