Suggest an RO/DI

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

SuperScro

AC Members
Sep 3, 2006
My tank is a year old now, and this tap water filter I bought is definatly not doing a good job of keeping my tank the way I want it. The algae in my tank has been annoying, its hard to get rid of and it destroyed my live rock. In the way that it doesn't look the way it used too. My tank has Nitrates < 1, and I ahve used several testers. I don't know if its becuase I have hidden phosphates, my lights are not proper or its my water. If this water filter does not work, then it has to be my lighting, the last thing I thought could be the problem. So I just need a suggestion on which system to get. I was thinking of getting the Coralife Pure-Flo II RO Units, 50 gpd 4 stage. I assume anything is better than my tap water filter, but If I am spending big bucks, I want it to be worth the money.

My lighting I got in April, 4x36 watt T-5. 2 actinic 2 10ks. No reflectors yet. Going to buy the reflectors first, and then switch around the bulbs. If this does not get rid of my algae, I don't know what to do.

My livestock is all healthy, I still have my clownfish, pygmy angel, and purple firefish. The only thing I lost was my fire shrimp whom disappeared several months ago (pistol shrimp suspect)

SuperScro

AC Members
Sep 3, 2006
bump

Anybody?

SuperScro

AC Members
Sep 3, 2006

Grins

Girl Reefer...we do exist
May 1, 2007
Charlotte, NC

SuperScro

AC Members
Sep 3, 2006

kcress

AC Members
Apr 9, 2005
Suggest you just get an RO system. It will GREATLY improve any water's purity. If you find you still want DI you can easily add it later. It's just another canister. But if you don't need it, you will avoid the hassle of yet another media that wears out.

SuperScro

AC Members
Sep 3, 2006
I have no UV sterilizer, but I am looking for the best possible deal I can get on an RO system. I need it soon, i ahven't done a water change in 2 weeks.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store