55 Gallon....Help....Suggestions

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

sugarcookie

AC Members
Jan 25, 2007
Hi...
I'm fairly new to this fish stuff....I would like some suggestions about decorations, OK...I have a 55 gallon tank, and I found this Titanic Ship from Drs. Foster & Smith ( 2" x 18 1/2" x 3 1/4" high) would you think this would be to small for the tank? Also, I would like artificial plants, I would like some of your suggestions on what to do. Does anybody know anything about the Background Plants & Bases? I'm up to any suggestions. HELP......I don't know what to DO.....

I would also like some suggestions about how many fish to get & what kind. I love lots of color.

Thanks So Much !!!!
Sugarcookie:help::confused:

ILOVEBETTAS

It's Cory Lover's cat!
Titanic ship too small? Well, if you want to make a sunken ship theme then it would be a good centerpiece. Then add fake corals and other ships, and a few plastic plants, and some neon fish, like tetras, platies and guppies.

Is there anything particular that you're asking about? :)

Also, I love your username... I was thinking about the medicine Benadryl and then I looked at your username and I was suddenly overwhelmed by doughy goodness. :perv:

sugarcookie

AC Members
Jan 25, 2007
Nope...nothing in particular, I just need some suggestions on decorating. Glad you like my name...

irishspy

There is a stargate in my aquarium.
For artificial plants, browse sites for live plants like Plant Geek -- you can get some nice ideas from their catalog. (The link takes you to a catalog grouped by placement.) From the live plants they list, you can get an idea of what plastic plants to buy. Generally you want taller plants in the back, shorter ones to the front.

For fish, I think an assortment of platies would be great for you, with maybe a sailfin molly and three females as a sort of group centerpiece. Both species come in a wide variety of colors, and I've found them very easy to keep. And they'll munch on the some algae that will grow.

Good luck, and be sure to post pictures. On AC, we like to watch. :drool:

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
A lot of your decorating will be dependent on what fish you plan on keeping...any thoughts?

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
I have the front half of a sunken wooden ship in my 55(my wife likes it)
I added some java moss and bolbitus ot other rhizome like plant..now the ship half has some live stuff atached and looks pretty good.. the plecos love it as it has caves and ALGAE which they love.

this tank is set up woith fake plants and low light real plants(crypts,java fern, java moss, bolbitus etc)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store