When to post in the newbie forum vs. regular freshwater forum?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

mozart

AC Members
Mar 29, 2007
Delawhere?
I think of a newbie as someone just starting out, but I often see people post in this forum who are experienced and knowlegable fishkeepers asking about something for which they have no experience at yet. I also see a lot of very newbie questions in the regular FW forum. Any thoughts?

Blueiz

THE TypoQUEEN
Sep 5, 2005
NC
Actaully, it would be gfw part 1..;). If you are a newbie, you know who you are. Its a place to ask basic questions on how to start a tank, etc. Its up to the user really which section to post there question it, as its where they are most comfy posting it at if they are a newb.

Blue

Bk718

No Monkey Business
Nov 29, 2007
Brooklyn, NY
hmm but if a person asks a question doesnt that make him a newbie in that field? so shouldnt the whole forum just be tittled NEWBIE since in every section theres non stop questions?!

if in the newbie forum newbie people can ask questions on anything, why are some threads moved from the newbie section to others >> PLANTS> Products & DIY> INVERTS>Chit Chat

just speaking my mind.. dont bother :lipssealedsmilie:

jpappy789

Plants need meat too
Feb 18, 2007
Gainesville, FL
Real Name
Josh
hmm but if a person asks a question doesnt that make him a newbie in that field? so shouldnt the whole forum just be tittled NEWBIE since in every section theres non stop questions?!

if in the newbie forum newbie people can ask questions on anything, why are some threads moved from the newbie section to others >> PLANTS> Products & DIY> INVERTS>Chit Chat

some questions are too specific or need the advice of people who have more experience in a certain "feild" of fishkeeping I suppose.

Blueiz

THE TypoQUEEN
Sep 5, 2005
NC

Because more specialized help can be given in a forum that is dedicated to specific areas.

Because one has a question concerning there tank, that does not make them a newb regarding it, it means they are trying to gain more knowledge concerning it. A noob is just starting out gathering the basic knowledge as a foundation to build upon.

Bk718

No Monkey Business
Nov 29, 2007
Brooklyn, NY
as Jpappy said
it would be good to have some difference between when to post in which of the forums
though i do agree with what all you have to say, i just still think that the Newbie section does not have a solid place. Its like newb questions can be posted there but one is better off posting them else where on the forum. whole thing can make one really confused :hypnotized:

theotheragentm

AC Members
Nov 28, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
The newbie forum is where you post if you don't want the response, "Don't be stupid." Unfortunately, that doesn't always happen. I will call you stupid in any forum. I'm working on it, I swear.

Hooked Newbie

Today will be yesterday tomorrow
May 25, 2007
Georgia
Real Name
Len
Hey! Why's everyone use the word Newbie like it's a bad thing?!

I'm proud to be a "Newbie". lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store