12g NanoCube Powerhead question

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Ryanwoodz

AC Members
Feb 17, 2005
Hello,

I'm starting up my 12g nano cube again. The powerhead that came with the setup is in rough shape and needs oto be replaced. I heard that there is a powerhead that is or very close to the same size as the OEM powerhead. I believe I was told it was a MiniJet 606. Its suppose to run cooler and flow more. Can anyone verify that it flows more, runs cooler and fits in the back of the 12 gallon nano?

Will the MiniJet 606 be a direct fit, I dont want to have to modify anything. I want it to be plug and play.

Thanks for the help,

Ryan

Last edited:

Reefscape

I shoot people with a Canon
Staff member
Nov 8, 2006
Staffordshire, UK
seethroughmylens.co.uk
Real Name
Blinky
Unless the powerhead is fitting into a specific moulding on the tank, any powerhead will do to replace it with...Something like a Koralia Nano or Maxijet will do..Depends on how much flow you want and whats in the tank...just fish or is it a reef?

Niko

Ryanwoodz

AC Members
Feb 17, 2005
I'm looking to replace the powerhead that sits back in the third chamber. I was thinking of a MiniJet 606 Not sure if it will fit?). I should note that I also have a Aqua Clear 20 powerhead out in the tank it's self for addition flow.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store