Coral Beauty Angel, ok with coral?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

manowar669

AC Members
Sep 11, 2004
I want to add some coral to my FOWLR tank. I bought a decent light setup, and I want to add some coral, either Xenia, Zoas, or Green Star Polyps to start. My question is, will a Coral Beauty eat these? I know the other fish are OK, just not sure about the angel. Thanks.

joander123

what a fruitcake
Jan 12, 2007
Massachusetts
usually i hear they are OK with soft noxious corals... but it really depends. Some of them will nip while others wont, it really all depends on the fishs individual personality. I'd say you have a safer bet with soft corals then hard (lps or sps) corals... so its worth a try.

My bet would be that he might nip the soft corals at first, but then lose interest.

Hope this helps.
Jay

JohnLin

AC Members
Dec 1, 2007
Madison, WI
they pick at/around corals looking for algae, so add them at your own risk...
Personally, I'd shy away from them just to be on the safe side.

clown-lover

AC Members
May 26, 2007
Fargo, ND
Mine are ok with my soft corals, leathers, gsp etc.. But as soon as I added acropora or the hard corals he started to feed on the polyps.

clown-lover

AC Members
May 26, 2007
Fargo, ND
I have had my Coral Beauty for 2 years and it doesnt bother anything Softies, LPS, SPS or my clams
Lucky... I want my acropora back.. sigh.

mandy21

THE REEFER GODDESS
May 16, 2006
Ohio
my coral beauty hasn't touched anything but algae. I'll soon have 3 tanks, one where I can't put corals and the other 2 that if something doesn't work in the tankw ith the CBA, then it can go in the other tank which will only have 2 clowns and a goby.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store