My 55 to 125 Gallon Upgrade Experience (PICS)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

sminker

AC Members
Oct 22, 2007
Well after finding a great deal on craigslist, i decided to upgrade. I posted some pics to see size difference for some of you that want to upgrade but know how it will look.

It took about 4 hours from start to finish to move all the decorations, substrate, fish, filtration, etc....

I was orginally gonna just use more pebbles but im glad i decided to go with sand. I bought (3) 50 pound bags of play sand from home depot for $4.50/bag. Took about 2 hours to clean it all with the 5 gallon bucket method.

Currently have 23 fish
9 Rummy Nose
3 Assorted Cories
4 Harlequin Rasbora
3 Angels
2 Blue Rams
2 Black Mollies

Plan on adding
6 more Rummy
11 more Harlequin
7 more cories
and 2-4 more centerpiece fish depending on size

those white bags with rocks you will be seeing are filled with my old substrate to help out the bacteria build-up in new tank. for the last week all readings of ammonia, nitrates and nitrites are zero.

i plan on putting plants on the outsides to look like a horseshoe around the outside edges of the rock formation with some airstones behind the plants.

old tank

Fillin' er up

Homemade python, all the sand, dont mind the messy kitchen

Size diff

more size diff

front view (dang patio door and its glare)

Can see a few rummy, angel and a GBR

My rummy school

love the angel's, very friendly

my myterious lepard/peppered cory, always eating around the rocks kinda hard to find sometimes

vtx-coley

I like waffles
Jul 15, 2007
Hopatcong, NJ USA
www.vtxcafe.com
Looks good.

Coral Keeper

AC Members
Aug 24, 2007
West Sacramento, CA
Everything looks very nice!! How many watts are those lights you got there? Are you going to add some live plants?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store