What Is the Nicest Looking Commuity tank set up???

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

<><FunSize><>

AC Members
Jun 19, 2003
Visit site
Just wondering what is a really good-looking community set up and if any one has some good pics of there community tank to give me and anyone else ideas on what looks really good I sold most of my fish a little while ago and I am tryen to breed Electric Blues Kribs and O.Lithabtes. but if I am crap at that I am ganna go for the community tank again and I wanted to see how good people have gotten there’s to look.

:D CHEERS MATES

Ps if ya pics are online post the web address so i can check them out

Dragon_Lord_Tia

OH NO not Lenny
Feb 14, 2003
Orange Australia
Visit site
it all depends on the owner and what fish you are keeping say if you have a RD you cant have plants cause it will rip them up but what i would like is a large tank full of peacocks nice mature plants and awsome rock work

Cearbhaill

Reads the Gribble Report
Mar 22, 2003
South Florida USA
Visit site
I never post in the cichlid forum as I have no... cichlids.
But you asked for community aquarium photos so here you go. This tank contains cardinal tetras, diamond tetras, harlequin rasboras, hatchetfish, cories, otocinclus, farlowellas, and is going to have a few cichlids (in the way of discus) added later this year.

BTW I highly recommend "community" aquariums. They get a bad rap as a beginners type tank but the diversity and differing levels of activity are fascinating.

90 Gallon Community

<><FunSize><>

AC Members
Jun 19, 2003
Visit site
Nice pick I am loven the Plants they must have set u back a little it looks real good but most Cichlids will just rip plants apart and i am so yeah i have only got fake plants and not many at that
and how do i place a pic like that if someone tells me i will post the pic of my tank set up

CHEERS MATES

Cearbhaill

Reads the Gribble Report
Mar 22, 2003
South Florida USA
Visit site
Well- you said "community"!!

Plants are not all that expensive- most of 'em are from Ebay or Aquabid, and they grow really fast.

Post your photo on a website.
Then right click the image, click properties, copy the URL.
When you are writing the reply you can insert the addy in the field that pops up when you click on "IMG" in the boxes right below the smilies (above the reply field).

Or you can attach a file photo by clicking "Browse" below the reply field and adding a photo from your hard drive. Doing it this way shows a link as opposed to a photo like the first method, but if you don't have a website to post on it works.

scott

AC Members
Mar 12, 2003
Georgia
Visit site
There are lots of cichlids that won't rip up plants for a community tank. My community cichlid tank has one green sevrum, 1 satanoperca pappatera, 1 retroculous xinguensis and 1 dwarf pike crenchicla compressiceps. I have four giant danios and I am thinking of adding some serpae or lemon tetras. It is lightly to moderately planted with java fern (once I get a hood built w/ more light I will add more plants. Sorry no pics of the tank. I have some pics of the fish though if you want to see them.

dbcb314

Hates the Overstocking Police
Apr 12, 2003
Indiana
Visit site
story time...

i started out with communtiy fish, danios, gouramis, ..., but i slowly went to cichlids bc they actually have personality...

Molino

Alien or ugly Fish?
Oct 1, 2002
Alberta, Canada
members.shaw.ca
Like Scott said there are a lot of cichlids that won't tear up your plants. My community tank is just a small 20 gallon long, but I do have a pair of Apistos in there along with 2 SAEs, some otos and Harlequin Rasboras. Apistos are a great choice for smaller community tanks depending on your water conditions.

Here is a pic:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store