my 125 gallon planted tank journal

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jaysen

i eat rats like you for breakfast!
Oct 10, 2007
long island, NY
www.myspace.com
when my 450 gallon tank broke i had to sell all of my fish but i refused to give one up. it was my prochilodus (fei feng). i gave him to a friend and he grew from 4 to 8 inches in 2 years. i know its slow growth but the colors just became more brilliant. my friend then told me he was selling his tanks and i had to find it a new home, so i bought a 125 gallon setup. i decided to make it densely planted now that i no longer had any silver dollars. this is the start and it is still growing every day. any advice on how to improve it would be appreciated once i get up to date with the pics.

this is when it is first set up with the driftwood and filled the tank. he was traumatized somehow by my friends house. he would swim hard into the glass whenever he saw someone in the room. he bruised his nose pretty badly and in this tank he was still nervous and trying to get away from me.

the next day i temporarily added some fake plants. looked good to me but you cant beat the real thing.

jaysen

Oct 10, 2007
long island, NY
www.myspace.com
i then bought 10 red eye tetras for the tank. the poor guys thought the monster prochilodus would eat them so they hid on the bottom and swam from one corner to the next as the prochilodus would investigate.

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Informati
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul

jaysen

Oct 10, 2007
long island, NY
www.myspace.com
lupin, the species profile says they eat plants but mine only grazes on algae and eats flake/pellet foods. also im not sure if mine is an s. insignis or a taeniurus. he isnt territorial but frights easy.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store