AH Help, fish dead, others dying

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

mandy21

THE REEFER GODDESS
May 16, 2006
Ohio
Okay, so I wake up and turn lights on to my tank after noticing an odd lump of "sand" and see that it's my diamond goby upside down dead. In a frenzy I turn the other set of lights on to find my Coral Beauty Angel a hideous color of brown, no hint of the color she had yesterday. My clowns - though retarded - are acting abnormally strange while they look okay in terms of color and whatnot; the wrasse is buried in the sand so I won't know until he comes out. All of my parameters are fine minus SG being barely higher than I would like it to be due to forgetting to turn the heater on to the top off supply before I went to bed Tuesday night. :help:

Ammonia - 0
Nitrite - 0
Nitrate - 5
SG - 1.026
pH - 8.4
temperature - 80

All inverts (snails, crabs, shrimp) are accounted for and doing well. All corals are also doing well, were extended prior to light being on, clam is doing well. The only thing I added in the last week + in terms of livestock is a long tentacled plate coral which is also doing well. What on earth is going on?

I had a 20g long set up at hyposalinity going to cycle today since i had plans on getting a yellow tang to replace the Kole tang that decided to do some carpet surfing but as of right now, the coral beauty is in the process of going in there, and I pretty much am thinking I'm going to QT all my fish since I'm left wondering if there is disease in there. Nothing could have contaminated the water to the best of my knowledge. Buckets/containers are only used for tank water, lids kept on, chemicals kept away, etc. Any ideas?

Grins

Girl Reefer...we do exist
May 1, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Oh no! What a way for you to wake up. If it had just been the goby I'd have thought he might have had a nutritional problem but with the coral beauty too I'm stumped as your numbers look good as you said.

mandy21

THE REEFER GODDESS
May 16, 2006
Ohio
yea, the goby was eating great, pretty much eating everything and doing a nice job of keeping the sand all pretty. The wrasse is out and looks perfect. Upon further inspection after turning on the brighter MH, I'm thinking Brooklynella... which really ticks me off since these stinkin clowns have been throughoughly resistant to disease despite all they've been through.... So, I hope to god I am not needed for my shift at work so I can go to the last pet store I know of to look for Formalin. I ordered some meds to have on stock in case I had disease and they won't be delivered until tomorrow. Talk about an odd timing to decide to order meds for "just in case".

BLAH.

mandy21

THE REEFER GODDESS
May 16, 2006
Ohio
I am now looking into marine velvet as the angel is now diplaying red gills which combined with the coloring is sounding like that. :( that and it's deteriorating extremely quickly.

mandy21

THE REEFER GODDESS
May 16, 2006
Ohio
If I could find my charger for my camera, I would. I'll see what my phone can do.

mandy21

THE REEFER GODDESS
May 16, 2006
Ohio
Hopefully I'll be updating this in 8 hours with good news that all are still alive by the time i get back from work....

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store