Kribensis Help

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

baybgrl81

AC Members
Aug 1, 2007
Missouri
I have a 29g currently with one male and two female Kribensis. I need to know what a good color sand would be to help bring out their colors? and would they be safe in a tank with two gold head compriceps?

Gwenkat

AC Members
Sep 24, 2007
South Carolina
I have white substrate in my 29 with my kribs. Their color looks great. As far as tank mates go, all I can say is when mine spawned they harassed their tank mates (one ram and 2 dojo loaches) until I moved them to a different tank. Now the kribs are alone in the 29 with the fry. Just my experience....

ESOXLUCIOUSS

AC Members
Nov 19, 2005
Dublin Ireland
yes the kribs will attck any other fish in the tank when they have fry.. They go nutso,,lol.. so best keepingthem in a species tank if u intend to breed. Also 1 male to 1 female, as the second female will get bashed aswell.

baybgrl81

AC Members
Aug 1, 2007
Missouri
i guess ill get rid of the male and try to get some more females. i would like to have more then just 3 fish in the tank. they sell a african rift mixed substrate but will keep the PH up there, is that ok for kribs?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store