My Betta Died with a strange white spot :( (warning, pic of deceased fish)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Gouramigirl71

Registered Fishaholic
May 4, 2007
My betta died today with a mysterious white spot on his back fin. It was there for quite a while, but he didn't seem to be bothered, but in the past week, I noticed the spot was getting thick looking, not like normal fin, or body tissue. It's not fuzzy, so I don't think it's a fungus, but it might be. Anyone have any ideas? He was in a 28gal, water amm 0, trites 0, trates 30, (tomorrow is wc day). His tankmates were 3 kuli loaches, one honey gourami, and 4 danios. I never noticed anyone picking on him or vice versa, and the only thing I see on him is this weird white spot. Look on his anal fin, near his body

1-3-2008 048.jpg 1-3-2008 049.jpg

lili70

AC Members
Oct 8, 2007
That was a beautiful betta ! So sorry ! RIP.
Maybe internal parasites ?
L

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Informati
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
Was that spot fuzzy? Did you see any sort of texture on it?
This was mentioned in first post (in red). This baffled me as well so I'll try to see if I can help when I get back here.
My betta died today with a mysterious white spot on his back fin. It was there for quite a while, but he didn't seem to be bothered, but in the past week, I noticed the spot was getting thick looking, not like normal fin, or body tissue. It's not fuzzy, so I don't think it's a fungus, but it might be. Anyone have any ideas? He was in a 28gal, water amm 0, trites 0, trates 30, (tomorrow is wc day). His tankmates were 3 kuli loaches, one honey gourami, and 4 danios. I never noticed anyone picking on him or vice versa, and the only thing I see on him is this weird white spot. Look on his anal fin, near his body

Gouramigirl71

Registered Fishaholic
May 4, 2007
When I took him out of the water, I looked at him VERY closely, and the spot wasn't fuzzy at all. It was very smooth and looked like thick skin. I treated him for fungus about a month ago when the spot first appeared and was very tiny, but it didn't do any good, so I put him back in his regular tank. He seemed fine til this past week, then he started laying in his little rock cave alot, upright, not on his side, but not swimming much and not eating.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store