Albino Cories

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

erin14

Canadian, Eh?
Aug 7, 2007
Brandon, Manitoba, Canada
I would assume that they are the same as most other cories and would eat algae wafers right? Well, I got 3 about 4 days ago and they don't even touch the algae wafers. I suppose it could be that they weren't eating that in the store they came from so I tried shrimp pellets and they didn't seem interested in them. Do they not like these foods or is it just because they're new/never ate them before? Thanks!

Radar

Thought is free.
May 26, 2007
Kentucky
It's most likely because they are new,just give them a little time. Mine love them. I usually don't drop them in till lights out.

jones57742

AC Members
Mar 18, 2006
San Angelo, TX
Erin:

You and I have run into each other somewhere before.

Do they not like these foods or is it just because they're new/never ate them before?
Erin: did they "run and play" when you placed them in your tank?

TR

erin14

Canadian, Eh?
Aug 7, 2007
Brandon, Manitoba, Canada
Erin:

You and I have run into each other somewhere before.

Erin: did they "run and play" when you placed them in your tank?

TR

What do you mean we have run into each other somewhere before? And when I first placed them in there they just sat in one spot for about 5 minutes and then after that they started to search for food and they're doing really well (other then being picky that is!) right now. They're constantly swimming/searching for food. I dropped the wafers and pellets in about 5 minutes before lights out so that my other fish won't try to eat them. All my other cories (in another tank) love algae wafers so I will give them a little more time, but i would feel better if i saw them eating. They're pretty skinny right now as they came from a tank full of barbs (rosey to be exact) and i'm pretty sure they weren't getting much to eat considering the appetites of barbs, so I would just like to fatten them up!

Weezer

Plastic Plant's Live Longer
Mar 2, 2007
"Minnesota - It Gets Chilly Here"
We have 2 albino Cory's in the 29 and they go for the wafers as
soon as they hit the bottom, ..........:)

shaggbark

The rare and Elusive....Ninja Cod
Feb 12, 2007
Hopewell Jct. NY
Just give them a little time, they will soon figure it out. Perhaps they have not been fed wafers before. Keep us posted 8) Michelle

msjinkzd

AC Members
Feb 11, 2007
PA
msjinkzd.com
Real Name
Rachel O'Leary
mine don't like algae wafers or shrimp pellets but love the sinking wafers from hikari. If you really want to get them to eat you could try something like frozen (but defrosted) bloodworms or tubifex...they will probably go crazy for them. I use a turkey baster to shoot them to the bottom for my cories.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store