Woohoo! Finally They Bred!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Riverfishguy

AC Members
Jan 5, 2007
My nimbochromis livingstonii finally bred. I had recently pulled the biggest male since every time someone came to play in his breeding pit he viciously attacked them and ran them off even though he was doing his best wiggle dance to get them to come over. :confused:

After a couple weeks of this I moved him to another tank about a week ago. One of the other males immediately took the breeding pit over and commenced to doing his mating dance.

I get up this morning and lo and behold there's a female rolling a mouth full of eggs. Set up a holding tank so the fry don't get eaten by the other fish when they hatch. Well a couple hours ago I was sitting and watching them and realised there are two other females rolling eggs! I dont have two more empty holding tanks though. Guess i'll have to try and rescue there clutches another time.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Good deal! Post some pics when you can, please.

Riverfishguy

AC Members
Jan 5, 2007
Fry!

I saw fry yesterday evening and noticed they were fully formed with no egg sac left. Went ahead and stripped her of fry at about 6 this morning. Was pretty shocked at the numbers! I count between 70 and 100 total.

And without further adieu, the pictures!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store