Palani Tang Is Meeting His/Her Maker

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

futurecanadian

AC Members
Mar 10, 2007
Cleveland, OH
As I had mentioned in my previous posts my Palani Tang has/had some form of parasite that was turning his skin brown and had an odd texture. I since have been doing some regular 20% H20 changes and also treating the water with RX-P.

He was looking better and today when I did a water change prior to adding the RX-P I noticed him lying on the sand bed. He is breathing, but not responsive to his surrounding tank mates. The water parameters are all in range and I did skip the RX-P today due to his irregular state.

I wish there was something I could do for him/her. Does anyone have any advice on what else could be going on with the tank or the tang? The other fish are active and seemingly fine.

I just have a feeling that he is down for the count...

Thanks

saltydunc

AC Members
Apr 11, 2007
dundee scotland
sorry to hear his condition has got worse.....never had this problem myself so i'm not sure whats causing this.....maybe its been poisioned before you purchased him.....hope he makes it.

futurecanadian

AC Members
Mar 10, 2007
Cleveland, OH
Thanks a ton. He actually just passed away a few moments ago. I am going to discontinue the RX-P and see if the other fish stay fine. I cant wait to add my inverts back to the tank. I am thinking in 30 days after 2 partial H20 changes the water should be invert safe again.

For now I am just going to let the tank exist and leave it be. I will add more fish in the spring.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store