Hounduran Redpoint spawn pics

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Malefic23

AC Members
Nov 7, 2006
Charlotte NC
Well my redpoints are at it... pair off, did a little circular dance, and a few days later, eggs! I hope they hatch out, both parents are very pretty..

AnDr3w

AC Members
Apr 29, 2007
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida.
It looks like a little box with the red x in it. =[

AnDr3w

AC Members
Apr 29, 2007
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida.
Nice HRP's! Oscar looking nice too! :thumbsup:

Vicious_Fish

Mar 6, 2007
The Land of the Lost
Real Name
Seth
Nice, I'd love to trade my convict pair in for a pair of HRP's instead.

Malefic23

AC Members
Nov 7, 2006
Charlotte NC
Thanks much for the link help. I'm enjoying these HRP's a lot. Sadly, late last night a rubberlip pleco got in among the eggs. He took a beating for his treat, but ate them all.

I've found these fish to be really non-agressive (except around the spawning area, and even that was simple defense) and display a suprising amount of personality for fish their size. I have one male, and four females just maturing in a 150. They share a tank with angels, plecos of many types, von rio tetras, and a handfull of young severum. No one really displays agression except for the angels, and even then it's only pushing each other back into each other's end of the tank. The one male spawned with the largest female, but the other fem HRP are all turning dark blue and trying to get his attention. We'll see if the pairing changes any...

Any ideas how long before she lays a second clutch of eggs? I'm preparing a 30 gal breeder tank for next time.

bigspizz

Bigsp8s
Dec 28, 2007
At home
Thanks much for the link help. I'm enjoying these HRP's a lot. Sadly, late last night a rubberlip pleco got in among the eggs. He took a beating for his treat, but ate them all.

I've found these fish to be really non-agressive (except around the spawning area, and even that was simple defense) and display a suprising amount of personality for fish their size. I have one male, and four females just maturing in a 150. They share a tank with angels, plecos of many types, von rio tetras, and a handfull of young severum. No one really displays agression except for the angels, and even then it's only pushing each other back into each other's end of the tank. The one male spawned with the largest female, but the other fem HRP are all turning dark blue and trying to get his attention. We'll see if the pairing changes any...

Any ideas how long before she lays a second clutch of eggs? I'm preparing a 30 gal breeder tank for next time.

Depends...I have had them lay back to back right after I strip the eggs. And I have had one female who laid about every six months. 2 weeks 3 at the most in most cases...(sorry for the vague answer)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store