Hounduran Redpoint vs. convict

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

slowmo115

AC Members
Feb 11, 2007
are they the same thing. i bought a convict the other day and now i was looking at the pics in the other thread about hounduran redpoint and i see mine is the same thing help please?? are they the same thing

ibr3ak

I Eat Fish
Dec 15, 2007
Brooklyn, An Why See
Not the same, HRP's are more timid (which is kind of arguable, I've had an inch and a half female take over the tank with 3 2.5" convict males, until she finally spawned with 1 of them). But the profile says that HRP's are alot less aggressive than convicts.

slowmo115

AC Members
Feb 11, 2007
i googled it and a lot of the names come back in a lot of links as the blue convict but now im confused cause i thought i had a convict and yet i find out its something else lol

slowmo115

AC Members
Feb 11, 2007
at my store it said normal convict. but now that i look at pics of them my fish is not as blue as them. its more white. with black stripes. but it is still little so maybe it hasent got all the color yet. idk im confused now lol and if i use wiki it says convict and looks the same as what i have. but that is user generated and other people could be mistaken

KingOfTheDeep

All Hail The King
Nov 2, 2005
New York City
Real Name
Dan
at my store it said normal convict. but now that i look at pics of them my fish is not as blue as them. its more white. with black stripes. but it is still little so maybe it hasent got all the color yet. idk im confused now lol and if i use wiki it says convict and looks the same as what i have. but that is user generated and other people could be mistaken
HRP's will usually have less barring in some instances, their mouths are shaped downwards, and the fins have a blue/red color to them

convicts are usually white or grey with black stripes, some may have a bit of greenish blue mettalic coloring on the gills and fins.

slowmo115

AC Members
Feb 11, 2007
they u described the two sounds more like i have a convict i will try and post a pic soon though.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store